In this Policy, “We”, “Us” or “Our” refers to Brian Davies Insurance Consultants Ltd trading as Shoreham Insurance Services.
“Website” refers to www.shorehaminsurance.co.uk
1. Our Collection of your Personal Information
The information we collect may include your personal information, such as your name, personal information, contact information, product and service selections. We collect personal information from you at different points, including but not limited to the following:
• When we correspond with you as a customer or prospective customer
• When you take out an insurance policy via us; and at mid-term adjustments and renewals
• When you contact us for help
2. Our Use of your Personal Information
Our Company may use information that we collect about you to:
• deliver the products and services that you have requested
• manage your customer relationship and provide you with customer support
• communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that you may hold with us, may be of interest to you either from us, or other third parties
• verify your eligibility to credit facilities
• enforce our terms and conditions
We do not sell personal information to third parties.
3. Our Disclosure of your Personal Information to Third Parties
We share your personal information with authorized third parties. This is necessary where we need to administer, source, quote, place and maintain your policy and also only in the ways that are described in this Privacy Statement:
• we may provide your information to our partner insurers and service providers who perform functions on your/our behalf
• we may provide your information to our service providers who perform functions on our behalf. Usually our service providers sign a standard confidentiality agreement
• we may allow a potential acquirer or merger partner to review our databases, although we would restrict their use and disclosure of this data during the diligence phase and direct them to treat the data confidentially
• as required by law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties pursuant to a court order, or other legal process or requirement applicable to our Company; or when we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of our agreements or Company policies; and
Please note that these third parties may be in other countries where the laws on processing personal information may be less stringent than in your country.
4. Our Security Measures to Protect your Personal Information
Our systems have security measures in place to help protect information under our control from the risk of accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration or unauthorized disclosure or access.
We may create links to other web sites. We will make a reasonable effort to link only to sites that meet similar standards for maintaining each individual’s right to privacy. However, many other sites that are not associated with or authorized by our Company may have links leading to our site. Our Company cannot control these links and we are not responsible for any content appearing on these sites. Since our website does not control the privacy policies of third parties, you are subject to the privacy practices of that third party. We encourage you to ask questions before you disclose any personal information to others.
6. Our Retention of your Personal Information
We will retain any personal information only for as long as is necessary to fulfill the business purpose it was collected. We will also retain and use your personal information for as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
7. International Transfers of your Personal Information
Information collected from you may, on occasion be stored and processed outside the UK in any other country in which our Company or agents maintain facilities, and by accessing our sites and using our services, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
8. Your Access to and Updating of your Personal Information
Reasonable access to your personal information may be provided at no cost upon request made to our Company at the contact information provided below. If access cannot be provided within that time frame, our Company will provide the requesting party a date when the information will be provided. If for some reason access is denied, we will provide an explanation as to why access has been denied.
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by us by emailing us at email@example.com. We will of course continue to contact you via email, post or telephone regarding any Insurance’s you have in place through us.
9. Changes to our Privacy Statement
This Privacy Notice is subject to change. It was last updated on 25th May 2018. If we make changes to this Privacy Notice, we will update the date it was last changed.
12. Contacting Us
If you have any queries about this Privacy Statement, our practices or have any concerns please contact our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 2 John Street, Shoreham-By-Sea, West Sussex, BN43 5DN
Telephone 01273 465046